Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Prayer

"Jesus said, 'Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.'" -Mark 11:24

I talk to God everyday.  Whether it is for a few minutes or a few seconds, I make time everyday.  I pray for strength, physical and emotional, for both Tyler and myself.  I pray that we can ignore what doesn't matter and that we can recognize those things as unimportant.  No matter what anyone says, I firmly believe that Tyler and I will have a successful marriage.  We have more love and respect for each other than more couples do.  We have been through more than most young couples too.  Most would have given up and said it wasn't worth the time, stress, and heartache.  But we've stood beside each other through it all.  We've proved our love for one another.  We have prayed hard for strength.  We have been knocked down on our knees and used that as an opportunity to seek God's advice, instead of turning away from him, seeing the hardships as punishment.  As cliche as it may sound, God really isn't going to give you something you cannot handle.  We know that now.  We have prayed for strength, and we have received it.  Tyler prayed for closure and peace with Carter and received it.  I prayed that God would take care of him.  And he did.  I didn't specify how, I just wanted him taken care of.  Our prayers were answered because we believed that things would be ok.  Carter is now having the time of his life with his Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment