Friday, October 8, 2010

PRAYiNG FOR tHE McGARiTY FAMiLY

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

Stepping aside from Tyler and I for a minute..

One of our babies, Isabella McGarity, just turned a year old a couple weeks ago.  I was walking into the baby room this morning to put the bibs and rags up and her and her mother were walking in.  I said "Hey pretty girl, you look so sleepy."  Her mother barely said anything.  Unusual, because most of the time she always has a smile on her face.  Then I heard Stephanie, one of our other teachers, say something along the lines of we're praying for you.  She didn't look at anyone, or say anything.  Just this blank look on her face.  She left and Izzy started crying.  I hadn't been in the baby room at all this week.  I asked Stephanie and Mary what happened.  Stephanie said that her husband died in a car wreck on Monday.  I stopped.  He was only 31 years old.  Izzy just turned 1.  She is trying to walk.  And her daddy is gone.  Mom doesn't have a job.  My heart just breaks for them.  I have lost a parent.  I know she doesn't understand right now, but she will never get to know her daddy.  And that breaks my heart.  I can't even begin to imagine what is going through her mind right now.  It makes me sick just thinking about it.  It scares me to think that I could lose Tyler unexpectedly like that.  Or anyone in my family for that matter.  You just never know when your last day is going to be.  I don't handle death very well at all.  I can't keep talking about it or I'll start crying again.  But I am praying very hard for the McGarity family, and praying that they will find peace and healing.  The TLC family loves you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment